CLA is the national voice for Canada’s library
communities. As members, we:
- champion library values and the value of libraries
- influence public policy impacting libraries
- inspire and support member learning
- collaborate to strengthen the library community
- intellectual freedom
- transparency and open communication
- universal access to library service
- member voices and contributions
Our Operating Principles
- An active and engaged membership is crucial to our success.
- CLA will have a governance structure that meets member needs.
- CLA will be efficiently run, fiscally responsible and financially
- CLA facilitates the many diverse opinions and ideas about libraries
and library issues.
- CLA will work closely with networks and other library associations
to promote libraries, learning and advocacy opportunities.
Approved by CLA Executive Council, 4 February 2013