Government Information Network
CLA GIN Listserv
Archive and subscription info: http://www.mailman.srv.ualberta.ca/mailman/listinfo/clagin
List Moderator: email@example.com
To post a message to the list: firstname.lastname@example.org.
CLA GIN Blog: http://agiig.wordpress.com/
Terms of Reference:
- To monitor issues relating to
government publishing and the availability of government
- To provide a channel through which
interested Canadian Library Association /Association
canadienne des bibliothèques members
can assist the Association, to advocate for government publications and
- To provide a forum where library workers can learn from one another
or from experts in the field and can participate in other activities
aimed at improving access to government information.
- To advocate for government librarianship and continued research and
teaching in government information.
- Collaborate with other members, committees, networks, and the
Executive of the Canadian Library Association /Association canadienne des bibliothèques.
Plan of activities:
- Liaise with the Government of Canada Depository Services Program
program administered by Public Works and Government Services Canada, by:
- Inviting presentations from the DSP Manger(s) at the CLA Annual
Conference, either at conference session(s) or at the business meeting
of the Government Information Network.
- Participating on the Depository Services Program Library Advisory
Committee (DSP-LAC). CLA has two representatives on the DSP-LAC,
appointed by the CLA Executive.; at least one of these CLA
representatives will be a member of the Government Information
- Ensuring that the Government Information Network has members
that participate in the DSP program, both full and selective depository
libraries representing all types of Canadian libraries (public,
academic, college, special, school).
- Develop training / resource materials for full and selective
depository libraries dealing with Canadian Federal Depository
Investigate various options for accessing the materials, including the
CLA website, the DSP website, and the Education Institute, the
continuing education program for library information workers developed
by The Partnership of Provincial and Territorial Library Associations
- Work with the CLA Executive on strategies to continue the Olga B.
- Promote the development and use of the Association of
Parliamentary Libraries in Canada (APLIC) portal. The portal will
provide a free, publicly accessible single search interface to
electronic legislative and government publications from Canadian
jurisdictions held in APLIC libraries, particularly focused on
- Establish and list-serve and a
blog for communication with network members and other members of
- Respond to requests for
information from the CLA Executive.
Co-Moderator: Caron Rollins
Co-Moderator Email: email@example.com
|1.Ingrid Dandanell (Langhammer)
members supporting this Network Proposal:
ii Development of training / resource materials for
full and selective depository libraries. CLA has two
representatives on the Canadian Federal Depository Services
Program-Library Advisory Committee (DSP-LAC). The committee holds
an annual meeting every August. One of the items of discussion brought
forward by the CLA reps at the August 2010 meeting was the desire of CLA
members for training materials dealing with depository publications.